Relationship building, we’ve all heard it, but what’s important is, how we apply
it. The term itself doesn’t mean hop on Social Media and all sorts of random people whom you’ll never speak to, and call it ‘making new friends‘ – In fact, doing that could even be detrimental to your business.
This is what we know as fact: People will buy, or partner in business, with people that they know like and trust. In order for people to know, like and trust you, there has to be some type of relationship. At one point or another you’ve engaged with this person, had a real conversation, checked in with them. etc.
It can take a dedicated amount of time and energy to build good, strong, lasting relationships today. They are such an integral and necessary part of success, but people don’t seem to want to put in the work. Where this, is exactly where people could be spending more time when it comes to building their business.
In this post, I want to share with you my top ways of how to effectively use the skill of relationship building, to grow your network marketing business.
Relationship Building Must Have’s
1. Be authentic. This one is a must, there are no short cuts here. Be yourself! A relationship built without authenticity, will forever lack the trust component. The truth is, most of us love this industry of network marketing, because we can work with people that frankly, we want to work with. If you are portraying someone other than yourself, you’re likely to attract the opposite of what you are truly needing in your business.
2. Develop Mutual Respect: Let me explain, lead with respect. Appreciate where your prospect presently is in their life, in their business. When you ask a question, listen to the response. Unfortunately, many network marketers get caught up in their deal being the best, that they fail to listen to what others are saying about themselves. This respect will go a long way, especially in the trust department.
3. Let Go Of Expectations: You want to enter any relationship without expectation, have an open mind. Accept people as they are, and not as you want them to be. When we have preconceived ideas or expectations about someone, it’s like leading with an agenda. The only item on the agenda of relationship building, should be, relationship building.
4. Offer Before Asking: Another way of looking at this, is lead with value. When we educate, help and inspire others with our experience and expertise, we are building the foundation for trust that is the foundation of relationships that endure.
5. Identify Similar Values or Goals: When relationship building, especially in the network marketing arena, we want to align ourselves with others who share the same vision – bigger picture thinking. On a micro level, we naturally want to encourage people to develop their own reasons, or ‘why’, but finding teammates who share common goals – will only assist in long term growth.
When these relationships are established, there are two factors you will benefit from here; loyalty in your customers – who will want to continue to order from you, and longevity in your team members – they want to work with you, support you, grow with you. Once people understand just how pivotal relationship building can be in their business, the results are endless.
There’s a quote that always comes to mind …
People won’t always remember what you tell them, but they always remember how you make them feel.
So consider this, how are you making people feel after interacting with them?
As always, if you got value from this information, please comment below and share on social media and with your teams.
Considering coaching? Check out how you can work directly with me